i take on too many personal projects
i know i take on too many personal projects but i keep doing it anyway.
this is (probably) a non-comprehensive list of personal projects that i've started to vary degrees of completion. (Keep in mind that through all this, i have one child under 5, and another on the way, due very soon. like, less than a month soon.)
- i have an indie-rock / pop-punk / emo / whatever band.
we don't practice much anymore, we still haven't released that first ep that we fininshed recording.... like 4 months ago, and i haven't written a song to completion in ages, but it's still technically there.
- two of my friends and i started doing what we're calling a "Pokemon progression series", inspired by Cimo's progression series.
this entails (for the three of us): playing through BDSP, and all of us battling each other after every gym. We put some ground-rules in place concerning grinding for evs/ivs/natures/etc. We're currently on the sixth gym, i think.
- i started learning português on Duolingo. i don't know enough português yet to say that, but we'll get there i guess. i probably should have learned spanish first, being latino and all, but it is what it is.
- i started writing this blog. i'm pretty aware i haven't properly updated it in a while, but i'm busy, i guess. or something like that.
- i started making a super world in Mario Maker 2 for my daughter (my older kid). She's too young right now to play video games, imo, but i think she'll get there by the end of 2022, or maybe the beginning of 2023. The idea is to make a "game" in mario maker that will introduce her to how to play (platformer) videogames, and other things that people who play games* take for granted, like moving and jumping at the same time.
- i take a picture of my daughter in roughly the same pose, every. single. day. the goal is to keep it up until she's around 10 and then timelapse it.
Then there's projects i haven't started yet but want to start anyway:
- i want to start two new music projects, separate from my indie/poppunk/whatever band, one that takes on more latin-inspired influences, and one that's meant to be a ripoff of those cutesy synthy songs i like so much.
- i want to do a let's play of final fantasy 7, which. i've never played any final fantasy before, which i think might be part of the draw. i know enough to not give aerith any permanent single-use stat boost items though.
- i'd like to do more pokemon progression series-es with my homies. next time with an older title like Gold/Silver/Crystal, Black/White (logistically difficult, but would be ideal otherwise), or ORAS.
- i want to build an n64-classic-like mini console (pls forgive me, nintendo) with my ummmm... legally purchased roms.
- i want to create a whole subsection of my neocities page dedicated to beginner guitar lessons.
then there's the list of projects i've ACTUALLY COMPLETED.
- In 2021, in anticipation of Metroid Dread, i played through all the not-Prime metroid games and streamed 'em to my homie before Dread dropped.
*i say "people who play games" because i kinda hate the term "gamer"
last updated january 27 2022